As the ice and snow melt and the grass grows it is time to start thinking about spring cleaning. During the winter there is often unexpected damages. It is important to walk your property and look for potential danger. It is very important to start your inspections now whether you do it yourself or hire it out.
If you plan to hire a contractor to do your lawn care and spring cleaning, it is crucial to start now. As you start it is important to
- Review bids and services to make sure you are getting the best service for your dollar.
- Check availability to make sure they can get your spring cleaning done soon.
- Make sure they are reliable by verifying their insurance and references.
- Fit your final contract within your budget.
Things to investigate as you and your help conduct spring cleaning are:
- Making sure that everyone working on the job is performing safely.
- Checking the condition of your tools and make sure you have enough tools to get the job done right.
- Ensuring you have enough people to be able to handle day-to-day activities while completing cleanup.
- Having an action plan and timeline to ensure the job is done efficiently.
If you live in an area where it can get below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, there is a risk of broken or frozen pipes due to weather. When you open the sprinkler system be aware of:
- Zones not properly working.
- Pumps being damaged.
- Sprinkler heads being broken, or pipes being busted.
It can often be a time-consuming and costly process to open a pool. If you plan on having help with opening your pool it is important to check the status of your:
- Filters, pumps, ladders, skimmers, and other pool equipment.
- Safety equipment. Make sure it meets local standards and is in good working condition.
- Supply of chemicals for pool and be sure to have the safety data sheets on-hand.
At this time, it is also good to check:
- Fountains for any cracks or other defects.
- Screens for any tears.
- Gutters for damage and to remove debris.
- The roof if you think there might be damage from hail or other falling objects.
- Outdoor pool furniture to ensure the condition is good.
- Your HVAC systems and air filter.
- Foundation vents to ensure they are free of debris.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries.
With spring upon us and the weather getting warmer, people are out and about enjoying the nice weather. As the season changing it is important to make your home as beautiful as possible. First impressions go a long way. They drive people to your community and show others that you care.
At PCF Insurance, we are here to help our clients in a variety of ways to help protect their assets, which include loss prevention. To learn more about our risk management, contact our professionals.
Comments are closed.